Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Training Day 4: 8km, 58 min

Better late than never. I failed to update the blog yesterday but here I am. Welcome folks.
Woke up the usual time, just before 5am, changed and off, I went.
I wasn't feeling so fit - my right foot was complaining while the body was wailing for five or so more minutes of sleep. Since we had a staff meeting at 8am, I had no minute to spare.
At 5:14am I started my thing, a leg after the other, fists pumping the air and the breath coming in quick succession - such a lame expression but there it is. My target was 50 minutes. Jack said that I need not confine myself to the 30 min, I can push it up to 40 min or 50 min. This was a 50 min run so I was ok and all set.
The pace was comfortable and easy and within no time I was at the roundabout. Did five laps then ran back.
There were just five runners. I guess being a Tuesday most woke up and prepared for work, perhaps leaving the running for Saturday.
All in all a great run.

PS:
I think I need to consult a doctor. In the third lap at the roundabout, I got disoriented and had to take some time to get my bearings - I almost took the route to the bridge thinking it was the ILRI route but thank God I got my direction in good time. I think I need to see a doctor. This is the second time I am getting disoriented just like that. I hope it's not some disease that is creeping up on me.

2 comments:

  1. Good work. 58 is not 50 though. Don't get greedy or overzealous; you will do the long run over the weekend. This weekend you have 130-140mins.
    Disoriented because of the dark? Absent-minded? confused? Blank mind? You were preoccupied with other things? Think about it. If you are really concerned, get medical attention though. Coz you may get disoriented right smack in the middle of the road with an oncoming truck.
    That would not be a good way to go now, would it be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Must have been disoriented because of ... let's just say I realised the route was all mixed up! If it happens again, first stop after recovery - assuming it is not some truck which gets me in the middle of the road - will be at the doc's.
    Yeah, the 50 minutes... discipline, discipline, discipline

    ReplyDelete