Wednesday, November 11, 2009

100 pushups, Week 2 Day 1

Down to Week 2. Took a break, sort of, for I travelled upcountry.
Set 1: 9 pushups, 33secs
Taken very well. Feeling good, but some fatigue/pain creeping in.

Set 2: 10 pushups, 27secs
Good enough but belaboured from the 8th pushup.

Set 3: 8 pushups, 20secs
The muscles are in the mood - sweat, strain and all. Thinking: 8 more to go and I'll be set for the death set.

Set 4: 8 pushups, 28s
Just 8 and I will be done so I psyche myself up and go for them but reaching the 5th, I can't lie, I'm struggling like crazy. I struggle through the last three but manage to finish decently.

At this point, I leave the bedrooom and walk to the sitting room, put on the TV, Kiss Tv to be precise, for some music and all I get is this weird rock music. I retreat to the bedroom for the final dose of pushups.

Final set: 13 pushups, 54 sec
This must be the longest 54 seconds of the morning. At pushup no. 8 am done so have to drag myself all the way to 13. The 13th I just get by and collapse on the floor - all sweaty and breathy like hell.

Total time taken including breaks: 9min, 40secs. Total pushups: 48 pushups.

Day 1 of Week 2 done. Fourteen sessions to go ... then I realise I was supposed to do 9-11-8-8 and a max of 11. I did 10 instead of the 11 required for the second set... aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I wonder what I can do on the rest day to prepare the arms for the next day's cluster of pushups. Any idea?

Running beckons ...

No comments:

Post a Comment