Tuesday, November 3, 2009

100 pushups Week 1 Day 2

I am on the second day of the first week of the 100 pushups programme.
I was up by 5.58am, stretched a bit to shake off the lethargy hthen got down to it.
I managed a total of 37 pushups in 10 minutes: 6, 8, 6, 6 then 11. For this day, the programme recommends a minimum 7 pushups after the mandatory four sets.
Whoever came up with the programme was right to recommend a day's rest. My arms, the upper part, were screaming but as one of the quotes in Jack's blog have it, 'Pain means weakness leaving the body.' I hope so.
(What have pushups got to do with stomach muscles? Mine are aching like crazy!)
But I'm with it.
A day off. Then day 3. Eighteen session to go. Boy!
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. They work your abs too hence the stomach pain. You have not started sweating so you are still on the easy zone. Even your hands have not started shaking.
    Keep it up. We will be monitoring you. Dont you quit on us or become a pussy.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha! I'm with it - sweat, trembles, aches, the works. All the way to 100 pushups at a go. Too bad if the hands wail..

    ReplyDelete