Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time is the new distance .... Monday, Sept 3: 48:19.22

I promised myself I would take it nice and easy as I prepare for Stanchart 2011 that is slated for October 30 (25 days away). That was really not to be, if the Monay run is anything to go by.
I set out to do just 40min. And I was set to do just that but somewhere along the road, I took a detour and met one hell of a sharp hill. I did the hill in two minutes, full of psyche, energy, exuberance and all that screams 'fun'. Big mistake!!!! Right after the hill, all 'air' went out of me and I had to walk. Shame!
I walked for a few minutes to get back my 'air' then pushed myself to get to Uthiru and ran back, all beaten and breathless.
One other reason why it is going to be hard to take nice and easy is Jack (over at http://therunningwriter.blogspot.com). After I sent him text whining about how 'finished' I was from a 48 min run, he wrote back warning me against greed. Then he taunted my greed with an offer, 'Say I give you 10k if you return a sub 2hr at the Stanchart marathon ...' The rest are details. As we speak, am doing strategy. How to do a sub 2hr (1hr50min to be precise) with my 81kg on October 30th.
I didn't run this morning, instead I walked a new route for 50 minutes but I plan to run this evening from 6.45pm. Let's see how it goes.
Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I like how you put it. But the 10K is not a taunt. Its an offer meant to encourage you. Realistically, we have only two weeks of training left. And its not training to improve performance as such. The last week you should be resting so that you have totally fresh legs and enough energy on the 30th. Enjoy the training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Those two weeks are very important. Let's see to what good we put them... cheers.

    ReplyDelete