Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I kept the time... Thursday, October 6, 40:46 and Operation 5:43

I sure was in a bad frame of mind - such a tired phrase. How else do I explain that in my last post I wrote September 3, S-e-p-t-e-m-b-e-r! It is October, silly!
Anyways, I didn't run last evening as I had planned but managed to run this morning, all of 40min 46sec. I didn't give way to greed, this time, I made sure I stopped right after minute 40.
In total, there were 12 people running - only one female.
As I ran in the morning, two running thoughts kept running in my mind:
Thought 1: To do 21km in sub 2hrs means I have to do a minimum(120min/21km) 5.71 min per kilometres; that is 5 minutes 43 seconds. (I must inscribe that on my forehead ... and on my tracks and on my running shoes and on my watch...5:43, Operation 5:43)!
Thought 2: Jack advises we start slowly but after the 10km mark we increase the pace/tempo. That is not fun (am not sure if it is un-doable... I should try a version of it tomorrow morning...).
There are 24 days to D-day. Twenty-four days to my, er, well-deserved 10k from Jack.
Cheers.

1 comment: