Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pleased with myself, Thursday, October 20, 55:01.84

Exactly two weeks ago, I chickened out of my morning runs. Fatigue, laziness, fear or a mix of the three! Two weeks I didn't run but not a morning passed that I didn't warm up and stretch and, later, I would walk a kilometre from the bus stop to the office.
However, on Tuesday, my employer came through with the sponsorship: t-shirt, microchip and number, 2599. It is 21km on Sunday October 30. So, no turning back.
No wonder then that today morning I didn't stop at stretching and warming up. Ten days to the d-day, I couldn't resist the temptation to do a morning run. The goal was Uthiru. I set off late, 5.56am, but interestingly, it was not until 6.10 that I came across the first runner. By the time I was done, I had come across a total of 30 people running. Truly, the Standard Chartered Marathon is here with us.
I am pleased with the pace I took in the morning. It was easy, fun and a bit fast especially for my little 'air capacity' but it helped. Just that I pack in as much distance in my time as is possible, I did mini-reruns. I would run up a hill and mid-way run down he very same hill then run back up to the end. I did this about four times. Fifty-minutes is all I did. I have two key runnings to do: a 2hr-plus run to town and back and a one hour run. Of course, one or two fast 5.43min/km runs...
When you read this Jack (therunningwriter.blogspot.com), be assured am coming for the 10k. As I requested, I prefer crisp Ksh200 notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment